GUIDELINES FOR THE DISTRIBUTION OF NON-SCHOOL RELATED MATERIALS
IN THE OWENSBORO PUBLIC SCHOOLS
As a service to the community, our students, and parents, OPS permits materials to be distributed subject to the following guidelines:
- Materials must:
- Promote community activities, events, or classes.
- Be no longer than one page.
- Contain the organization's contact information, including a name and phone number and/or email address.
- Materials will only be distributed from an agency or group that is a not-for-profit tax exempt entity (e.g., a charitable, educational, registered non-profit, or governmental agency, etc.). Each organization may only submit one, one-page flier for distribution every 30 days.
- OPS will not distribute or display material that in the judgment of the Supt./designee would:
- Cause the District to violate state or federal laws or its policies.
- Promote illegal activity for minors.
- Promote illegal discrimination on the basis of sex, race, color, national origin, age, religion, or disability.
- Contain words, symbols, or images that would be regarded as lewd, obscene, or vulgar.
- Defame a person or organization.
- Threaten serious disruption of a school or school-sponsored activity.
- Complete the Online Submission Form below and upload your materials in a .pdf format.
- The Superintendent/Designee will review to confirm that materials meet the criteria for distribution.
Approved materials will be distributed by email each week that school is in session to parents/students who have requested to receive such materials. Materials should be submitted for approval no later than one week prior to the week for which distribution is intended.
To subscribe to the Community Activities newsletter send a blank email to:
If you no longer wish to receive this newsletter send a blank email to:
Nothing herein shall be construed to prevent advertising in publications which are published by student organizations, professional school organizations, PTA/PTO, booster clubs, or other parent groups.
Sales representatives, agents, or other solicitors shall not solicit or contact pupils, teachers, or other employees during the school day.
If you have any questions about this process, please contact Dave Kirk at 270-686-1000.