OPS Scores Proficient on State Tests
As a district, Owensboro Public Schools made huge gains with KPREP testing.
“Overall, I’m pleased with our state testing results. In most areas, we’ve shown drastic improvement. As a district, our average score went up nearly seven points. I firmly believe in our district philosophy of a well-rounded education of the whole child. As such, test results are just one measure of the excellent job our staff is doing at Owensboro Public Schools,” said Dr. Nick Brake, OPS Superintendent.
Highlights of the district include the following:
· Foust Elementary jumped 21 points earning a Distinguished designation.
· Newton Parrish Elementary is now a School of Distinction earning a Distinguished designation.
· Sutton Elementary earned a Distinguished designation.
· Owensboro Middle School North earned a Distinguished designation and is progressing.
· Owensboro High School earned a Proficient designation.
Owensboro Public Schools’ literacy initiative Owensboro Reads is producing results. The percentage of elementary school students reading at or above grade level went up by almost eight points. The percentage of high school students reading at college ready benchmarks went up seven points.
School-by-school results include the following:
· Cravens Elementary- Needs Improvement
· Estes Elementary- Needs Improvement
· Foust Elementary- Distinguished and progressing
· Newton Parrish Elementary- Distinguished, School of Distinction
· Sutton Elementary- Distinguished
· Owensboro Middle School North Campus- Distinguished and progressing
· Owensboro Middle School South Campus- Progressing
· Owensboro High School- Proficient
OHS Percussion Ensemble to Perform at KMEA State Conference
Golden Knights Army Parachute Teams Delivers OHS Scores
Ten OHS Alumni Inducted Into Hall of Achievement
Owensboro Public Schools’ Superintendent Dr. Nick Brake has been awarded a new four-year contract by the OPS Board of Education to be the superintendent of Owensboro Public Schools. Brake will complete his current four-year contract in June.