Owensboro Public Schools has released their plan for the 2020 Summer Food Service Program. The Summer Food Service Program will begin on Wednesday, May 20 and run throughout the summer.
There are several changes to this year’s Summer Food Service Program due to COVID-19. Previously, meals were offered everyday, however they will only be offered on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Families will still receive meals for Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday. Those meals will be distributed during the normal Summer Food Service days.
Meals are available to anyone age 18 and under. You do not have to be an Owensboro Public Schools student to receive a meal. Many of the same protocols will remain in place to protect families that have been in place for the past couple of months.
This summer, there will be nine mobile sites and four drive through sites. Information about the sites are below:
Drive-Thru Sites – 11 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
- Cravens Elementary – 2741 Cravens Ave.
- Estes Elementary – 1675 Leitchfield Rd.
- Newton Parrish Elementary – 510 W Byers Ave.
- Owensboro High School – 1800 Frederica St.
- 10:50 a.m. – 11:05 a.m. – Green Tree Apartments
- 11:10 a.m. – 11:25 a.m. – Corner of 5th and Hale
- 11:30 a.m. – 11:45 a.m. – Corner of 3rd and Hale
- 11:55 a.m. – 12:15 p.m. – Cadillac
- 12:25 p.m. – 12:45 p.m. – Chesterfield/River Road
- 11:00 a.m. – 11:20 a.m. – Dixianna
- 11:30 a.m. – 11:45 a.m. – Corner of 8th and Jackson
- 11:50 a.m. – 12:05 p.m. – Corner of 6th and Hall
- 12:15 p.m. – 12:35 p.m. – Corner of 7th and JR Miller Blvd.