Foust Elementary, built in 1953, was one of three schools in our district originally constructed as a junior high school. The first students enrolled in 1953 were in grades seven through nine. The school originally say on Crook Street, but the City of Owensboro changed the name of the street to Foust Avenue prior to the school opening. The school was named for J.L. Foust who served as the district’s superintendent from 1921-1947.